Easy peasy lemon squeezy lemon frosting recipe coming through.
You will need:
- 115g cream cheese, softened (ie. Philadelphia spread)
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 125g icing sugar
- Lemon zest of ½ lemon, grated
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
WARNING: When I say softened, I mean softened. Don’t be a fool and think, meeeh it’s okay, it’s kind of soft (when it really isn’t at all), it’ll be fiiiine. NO. It will just make your life a lot harder since you will probably end up with tiny lumps of butter and cream cheese that just refuse to blend in with the rest of your delightful frosting (yeah so it might have happened to me).
1. In a bowl, beat the SOFTENED butter and cream cheese together until creamy.
2. Mix in the lemon components.
3. Little by little, mix in the icing sugar. You might end up with a runny mixture, however, keep your wig on, it will all be fine; keep whisking it/beating it/mixing it until it hardens.
4. Cover your cake with the frosting and refrigerate to let it set.