These cookies are so tasty I just had to post the recipe. Like the other chocolate cookie recipe, these are also brownie-ish but they’re less moist. Again, these aren’t crunchy, unless you over cook them. So don’t over cook them. Don’t worry though, I vow to find an amazing crunchy ‘chocolate cookies’ recipe as soon as possible.
You will need the following ingredients to make these fitties:
- 80g butter
- 100g plain flour
- 165g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 220g dark chocolate
- 70g chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup pecan nuts or walnuts
1. Preheat your oven at 150°C.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together over a very low heat (preferably in a double boiler). Stir regularly as the ingredients are melting but don’t overdo it.
3. Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract with an electric whisk until the mixture becomes light yellow and creamy.
4. Once the chocolate has cooled down completely, mix it in with the egg mixture.
5. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
6. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones.
7. Mix in nuts and chocolate chunks (it’s preferable to put chunks in instead of chips since the chocolate tends to melt and merge with the mixture).
8. Spoon the mixture on the baking paper into medium size heaps. Leave two inches between each heap (I know it’s not the most elegant term but at least I’m sure you know what I’m talking about).
9. Leave them in for 10-15 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready once the top of the cookies starts to crackle.